Bored of your office wear? Go for reversible shrug, experiment with silhouettes and get some variety in your wardrobe this summer, say experts. Shreyasi Pathak, stylist at Vajor, and Rina S. Walia, in-house satylist at LimeRoad, hand out some tips on how to dress up for office.
* Investing in pieces like a reversible shrug, a bright coloured jacket and shirts with subtle detailing can make dressing up in the morning effortless for you.
* Experimenting with silhouettes is the smart way to go this season. Switch your basic trousers with culottes, palazzos and A-line skirts. Basic button down shirts can be replaced with bell-sleeve blouses, tie-neck shirts and flared tunics.
Culottes are a great way to beat the summer heat, while looking stylish.
* Don’t forget to include a couple of jumpsuits in your closet since it is head-to-toe attire that is extremely easy to style.
* Get some variety in your wardrobe. The dresses don’t have to be the mundane body-hugging silhouette. Instead, pleated, flared, A-line dresses are the next big thing when it comes to work wear. Take a cue, or two, from Amal Clooney when it comes to dressing for the occassion.
* Men can go for checked shirt. Pair it up with white or grey office pants. Neatly tuck in the shirt and partner it with fawn office loafers. A brown belt matching a brown leather office bag can complete your look.
Checks are simple yet classy.
* You can go for a pastel peach formal shirt and combine it with a pair of beige bottoms. And opt for a dark beige pair of canvas shoes to compete the look.